Imperial Berkey features
- Suitable for 4-8+ people
- Purifies more than 20 liters per hour
- Stands at 65cm. high and 25 cm. wide
- Comes equipped with 2 Black Berkey filters
- A storage capacity of 17 liters
- Expandable to 6 Black Berkey filters
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 or 6 elements.
- The versatile Imperial Berkey system is the ideal system for use with mid to large-sized families, small groups and during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed with highly polished AISI stainless steel
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 17" in height
- Storage capacity of about 4.5 gallons (17 liters)
- Maximum Filters: 6 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable to 4 or 6), 1 stainless steel lid, 2 washers, 2 wingnuts, 1 priming button,1 spigot, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 26"
- Diameter: 10"
- Weight: 10 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 4-8 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 200-400 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey system can produce up to 5.5 gallons (20.8 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 6 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey system can produce up to 16.5 gallons (62.5 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 6 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
Imperial Berkey Water Filter
This versatile purifier model is the ideal system for use with large sized groups 25-75 people, at home, churches, hospitals, and orphanages.
High Output Design Features
The Imperial Berkey is a high output water filter!
Up until the introduction of the Imperial Berkey water filter model, Berkey had focused on water filters designed to meet the needs of mainly families and small groups. Through multiple years of consumer feedback we recognized the growing need for a water filter that could meet the needs of larger groups like churches, schools and orphanages. These unique customers had been purchasing multiple units like the Royal Berkey in order to meet the production output that was necessary to supply water to such large numbers of people. These smaller water filter systems posed several problems that made them less than ideal for their unique needs.
Our first concern was that the upper container was not tall enough to produce the water pressure needed to push large enough amounts of water through the Black Berkey purification elements. Each foot of height produces approximately 0.5 pounds of water pressure that is used to push the water down through the filters. So the first design feature we implemented was to make the upper container of the Imperial Berkey taller. The second problem was the number of filters the unit could hold. Each purification element needs to have a certain amount of space around it in order to function properly.
The diameter of the smaller units was not large enough to accommodate more than four filters, so we increased the diameter of the lower storage container on the new Imperial Berkey water filter to accommodate up to six filter elements. The addition of the extra purification elements increased the water flow capacity to sixteen gallons per hour when the Imperial was full. Third was the water holding capacity of the lower container. Through diligent research and observation we discovered that with larger groups of people the need for water comes in predictable waves.
These waves usually coincide with breaks in daily activities like lunch time, recess or end of the workday. If the lower container is not capable of storing enough water to meet the demands of these peak times, the filter system simply runs dry. So we increased the size of the lower container enough to hold ample water to meet the demands during these peak periods for large groups of up to 75 people. The implementation of these three features into the Imperial Berkey produced a water filtration system capable of meeting the demands for larger groups during everyday activities or during emergencies and times of disaster relief. This purification system is made of a super durable and hygienic high grade stainless steel.
The adaptable Imperial Berkey water filter system comes complete including 2 filters detailed and simple assembly instructions plus everything you need to start purifying your drinking water within minutes of assembly. Assembly requires no tools or special knowledge and takes only about ten minutes.
We Also Recommend