Crown Berkey features
- Suitable for 4-12+ people
- Purifies more than 24 liters per hour
- Stands at 76cm. high and 28cm. wide
- Comes equipped with 2 Black Berkey filters
- A storage capacity of 22 liters
- Expandable to 8 Black Berkey filters
-- 6 gallon storage capacity
-- 11"D x 31"H
-- 12 lbs. empty
-- High quality stainless steel container
-- Easy flow spigot
-- Complete assembly and maintenance instructions
-- Compatible with the Berkey PF-2 Fluoride Filters
-- two Black Berkey Purification Elements
-- Produces up to 6.5 gallons of purified drinking water per hour
-- with four Black Berkey Purification Elements
-- Produces up to 13 gallons of purified drinking water per hour
-- with six Black Berkey Purification Elements
-- Produces up to 16.5 gallons of purified drinking water per hour
-- with eight Black Berkey Purification Elements
-- Produces up to 26 gallons of purified drinking water per hour
- This system comes standard with two Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4, 6, or 8 elements
- The Crown Berkey system is our largest system and is ideal for large groups at home, churches, hospitals, outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 6 gallons (22.7 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 20" in height
- Maximum Filters: 8 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chamber, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable to 4, 6, or 8), 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button,2 blocking plugs, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 30"
- Diameter: 11"
- Weight: 12 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 6-12 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 300-625 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey system can purify up to 6.5 gallons (24.6 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 8 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey system can purify up to 26 gallons (98.4 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 8 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
Crown Berkey Water Filters
The Crown Berkey is our largest purifier model and is ideal for use with very large sized groups (40-150 people) at home, churches, hospitals and orphanages.
Our largest system!
Disaster and Emergency Push Demand
The Crown Berkey water filter system was created out of necessity. Prior to the events that unfolded on September 11, 2001, Berkey concentrated on the filtering needs of mostly families and groups of people desiring a means of producing purified drinking water. These times seemed somehow more secure and stable. People were confident in the ability of our most sacred municipalities to meet our basic needs like drinking water. Post 9/11, the mood of the entire world changed; these changes dictated a need for a different water filter than Berkey had provided in the past.
The need for a water purification system capable of taking raw, untreated water from outside sources and producing purified, good tasting drinking water for masses of people left without safe municipal supplies became a common request. The customer looking to shop for a filter that met this demand was the reason we developed the Crown Berkey water filter system.
We built on the three known factors we discovered while developing the Imperial Berkey. First, the upper container height was increased for the Crown. This added height produced the increased pressure that was needed to push higher volumes of water through the Black Berkey purification elements. Secondly, the diameter of the Crown Berkey water filter was increased in order to increase the number of filters to eight. This larger number of filters produced a 33% increase in filtering surface area over the Imperial.
Lastly, we increased the height and diameter of the lower water storage container. This new container held a full six gallons of purified drinking water, making it large enough to sustain water levels during peak usage demands. We discovered during earlier tests that drinking water needs came in waves and a larger storage container was needed to prevent the Crown Berkey water filter from running dry during these times. World events since 9/11 have reaffirmed the need for a filter like the Crown Berkey. Events like Hurricane Katrina – which left thousands without treated drinking water – and the tsunami disaster in Japan saw great suffering that in some cases was alleviated because of water filtering systems provided by Berkey. Now, customers looking to purchase a single water filtering device capable of supplying the demands of large groups of up to 150 people for a prolonged period of time need to look no further. Purchase Crown Berkey water filter systems and rest assured that if disaster strikes, you will still have major problems, but one of those problems will not be the availability of good drinking water.
The Crown Berkey water filter system is our largest model and was designed to provide for large groups like those found in hospitals, churches and orphanages. The Crown comes with everything you will need to start producing purified drinking water minutes after assembly. It takes only 10-15 minutes to assemble and requires no special knowledge or tools. Buy yours online today.
We Also Recommend