Black Berkey Primer
- A hand priming pump that makes it possible to prime Black Berkey Purification Elements offline, without the need for faucets or hose connections. Priming the Black Berkey Purification Elements saturates the filters with water prior to their use, allowing for clean water production anywhere
- If you have a small sink or short faucet, the Black Berkey Primer makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey Purification Elements
- The Black Berkey primer also purges(or back-flushes) the Black Berkey Purification Elements using air instead of water to clean the pores of the compressed carbon filter wall. Purging the Black BerkeyPurification Elements cleans the pores of debris that has accumulated with use and reduces the time and effort needed to dry the filters prior to storing them
- Specifically designed for use with the Black Berkey Purification Elements
- May be cleaned with mild soap and warm water. Do not microwave the Black Berkey Primer
- Store in a cool dry place and keep out of direct sunlight
Hand pump priming tool for use with Black Berkey Filters
· Quickly prime or purge your Black Berkey Filters without a faucet or water pressure
· Eliminates the need to soak the filters in situations where access to a faucet is not possible
· Flow may be reversed to aid in drying filters prior to storage
· 100% made and assembled in USA
. What is the Black Berkey Primer™ & what does it do? The Black Berkey Primer™ is a hand-powered priming pump that makes it possible to prime Black Berkey™ Elements easily offline, without the need for faucets or hose connections. Priming the Black Berkey™ Elements saturates the filters with water prior to their use, allowing for clean water production anywhere. The Black Berkey Primer™ also purges (or back-flushes) the Black Berkey™ Elements using air instead of water to clean the proprietary pores of the compressed carbon filter wall. Purging the Black Berkey™ Elements accomplishes two tasks: (1) It clears the pores of debris that has accumulated with use, (2) reduces the amount of time & effort needed to dry the filters prior to storing them. In addition, those who may be having difficulty priming their elements in a small sink, can use the Black Berkey Primer™ instead.
2. How does the Black Berkey Primer™ work? With a Black Berkey™ Element properly immersed in water & attached to it, the Black Berkey Primer™ creates a simple pressure gradient which draws water into the center of each Black Berkey™ Element. Once the Black Berkey™ Element is completely saturated with water, it passes through the Black Berkey Primer™ and squirts out of the opposite end.
3. Why do I need the Black Berkey Primer™? Every owner of a Berkey® Water System which uses Black Berkey™ Elements will find it easier to prime and purge the filters, wherever the Berkey®is used. The Black Berkey Primer™ is the final piece in making your Berkey® Water System your off-grid solution for clean drinking water and for everyday use. In addition, if you have a small sink or short faucet, the Black Berkey Primer™ makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey™ Elements.
4. How do I clean & store the Black Berkey Primer™? Black Berkey Primer™ can be cleaned with a proper dilution of natural cleaning products, or mild soap and warm water. Components should be thoroughly rinsed & allowed to air dry prior to storage in a cool, dark, & dry place. Keep out of exposure from direct sunlight as UV light will breakdown the product. Do not microwave the Black Berkey Primer™ .
5. Does the Black Berkey Primer™ work with non-Berkey® filters? The Black Berkey Primer™ is specifically designed for use with Black Berkey™ Elements.
6. Is the Black Berkey Primer™ made in the USA? Yes, the Black Berkey Primer™ is 100% manufactured & assembled in the United States of America.
We Also Recommend